In this article:
Inserting activity on slideware application
The presenter can present activities within presentation slides like PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides. This gives the participants a more streamlined presentation because the presenter doesn’t have to switch back and forth between the presentation app and Poll Everywhere.
Note: Before inserting an activity into a slideware presentation, the Poll Everywhere app must be installed on the computer that will be used for the presentation. The app can be installed the application here.
Step 1: Access the Poll Everywhere app.
- PowerPoint for Windows: Click on the Poll Everywhere tab on the ribbon, then click on Insert > Activity.
- Google Slides: Click on Poll Everywhere in the ribbon, then Insert > Activity.
- PowerPoint or Keynote for Mac: Open the Poll Everywhere application that was downloaded and installed.
Step 2: Once logged in, the folders and activities that were created on the account will be listed.
Step 3: In the presentation file, click the cursor in the desired slide deck position to insert the activity. Note: The slide gets inserted after the selected slide.
Step 4: Within the app, under the Activities tab, check the checkbox next to the activity and then click Insert slides to insert into the file. If the activities are located within a folder, open the Folder to check all the checkbox to bulk insert.
Note: If you are bulk inserting Multiple choice activity or Survey, the activity flow will not display as an option. To learn more, refer to Activity Flows.
Step 6: Poll Everywhere app will provide a confirmation message about the inserted slide.
Step 7: The inserted activity is now embedded into the presentation file and can be presented!
A few things to know when working with activities in presentation apps:
- Slide image placeholder: When an activity is first inserted, it’s represented on a slide as a placeholder image. When editing the activity, the presenter can update the image.
Note: On PowerPoint for Windows, click the Poll Everywhere tab and select Sync > Current (or All). For Mac, click the Poll Everywhere menu on the top left of the toolbar (next to the Apple logo) and click Sync.
- Presenting Surveys and Competitions: Each activity has its own slide. Competitions and surveys look a bit different. There is additional information on presenting Competitions here, as well as information on presenting Surveys here.
- Competition slides rearrangement: While the presenter can drag and drop competition slides to rearrange the questions, it is recommended that this action is done through the web before inserting them into the presentation file. If the presenter must adjust the order in the presentation (e.g., lack the time to adjust them on the web and reinsert the competition), be sure to keep all the phases for each question together and in the same order or things might get really confusing.
- Activity slide resizes: Within PowerPoint and Keynote, the presenter can resize and reposition the activity on the slide using the grey squares at the corners. The presenter can also drag activity slides between slides - just like any normal PowerPoint slide.
- Activation - An activity is not activated until the presenter switches to presentation mode, and land on a slide with that activity.
- Presenting from the slideware: There is more information on how to present from a Google Slides presentation here, from a Windows computer here, and from a Mac computer here.
Activity slide notes: The notes section for each activity slide contains the title and a link to the question. This must stay intact for the activities to function correctly. Do not delete it. The presenter may add information to the notes below the link if needed. To learn more, refer to the Importance of activity slide notes in the PollEv Presenter apps.