In this article:
The activity pages are made up of three components. The navigation bar on the left, the activity slide on the left-center of the screen, and the configuration menu to the right.
The activity slide is what you see when you present your prompt. Live responses will be displayed in real-time, right here on your activity slide. The majority of the activity slide is reserved for your responses, but you will notice a number of tools around the periphery of the slide.
Helpful tip: These tools will disappear when you enter full screen. To bring these tools back up, hover over the top right corner section of the slide where they should appear. This will cause the tools to reappear.
At the top right of the question slide, you will notice a row of action buttons. You can use these buttons to present, adjust, or share your activity. Here is what each button does from left to right:
- Present: Use this button to enter fullscreen mode to Present your activities on the Web. Entering Present mode will automatically activate the activity.
- Share: This dropdown menu will provide you with a shareable response link or the embed script for your activity. Send the response link to your participants to collect responses asynchronously or embed your activity into a webpage.
- Visual settings: This button opens the Visual settings menu that you can use to customize your activity. You can adjust the color scheme, font, background image, and more to match your presentation.
- Activate: This button will activate your activity but keep you on the question slide. For more information about activation, please see our Activation article.
At the bottom of the question slide, you will notice a bar with Presentation controls. You can use these buttons to alter your activity as you present. Here is what each of these buttons do, from left to right:
- Slide navigation: You can use the left and right arrows to navigate between questions within a folder or survey. You can use these arrows both in and out of fullscreen.
- Lock: This will lock your activity, preventing anyone from responding until you are ready. The activity is still activated but unable to collect responses.
- Instructions and Responses: This allows you to hide or show responses as they come in live on the activity slide. If you do not want to share the responses, click this button to hide the responses. This will show an Instruction slide that will tell your participants where to go to participate. Note: Each activity has a set of unique views. Please check out Activity types for more details on each.
- Clear responses: This clears any responses from this specific activity, allowing you to start fresh with the same activity. You can still access cleared responses in reporting. Read about Clear responses.
On the right hand menu, you can set a timer on an activity to limit the time participants have to respond. The timer will only appear on the activity chart title if it is set. To read more about the timer, visit the Countdown timer article.
To the right of the slide, you will see the Configuration menu. The Configuration Menu has three views: Configure, Test, and Send.
Helpful tip: The Configuration menu is not available from within any of the Poll Everywhere Presentation apps. If you are creating your activities in a Presentation app, you may need to access the website to finish setting them up depending on your desired configuration.
Configure: This Configure tab is used to set up activity settings, which include: how people can respond, audience restriction & identity, response settings, and setting a countdown timer. Presenters on certain paid plans will also have access to Moderation tools for Open-ended, Word cloud, and Q&A activities in this menu.
Test: This is a test panel for testing your activity. This is where you can see things from the participant's point of view, such as the web and mobile. You can submit test responses to see how they will appear on your Activity slide.
Send: The Send tab gives you options for presenting and sharing your activity. Here you will find resources for sharing your activity via the web, shareable response links, one of the Poll Everywhere Presentation apps, and tools for embedding your activity on a web page.
At the bottom of the Configuration Menu is a bar of buttons that will allow you to Edit, access Responses history, and Delete the activity.
Edit: The Edit button will bring you to a screen where you can edit the content of your activity. Click Save at the bottom of your screen to save your changes.
Helpful tip: If your activity already has response data, you may be limited in the ways that you can edit your activity's content.
Response history: The history button will open the response history page with several different options for exporting the activity data. Depending on your plan you can access any archive’s summary table, a screenshot of the activity slide, or a CSV of the responses.
Delete: The delete button will move activities to the trash page from which you may either restore them or delete them permanently. Check out the Deleting activities article for more details.
Clicking the title for a survey from your Activities page will bring you to the survey page. Survey pages are similar to activity pages in their layout, but the content is very different.
Presentation view will show you the survey slide. The first slide is a participant tracker that shows your participants’ progress as they respond to the survey. This slide has action buttons on the right side of the slide that can be used just like action buttons on the poll slides.
At the top, you can Present or Activate the survey. Present will take you to the presentation view while Activate will allow responses to come in. Click Share to get a copy of the response link or embed script.
The bottom black bar allows you to navigate through your survey slides, lock or unlock the survey, and clear responses.
On the right, you will see a preview of all the activities in the survey. You can access each one by clicking on the activity slide. Click the Pen icon to edit that individual activity. Click the Trash icon to delete the activity from the survey. Click the arrow to rearrange the order of the survey.
Note: The Survey progress tracker shows and keeps track of users currently in progress of completing the survey along with those that have completed it since the last activation on the activity.
Survey configuration menu
The survey configuration menu is very different from other activity slides. It is important to keep in mind that any changes you make here will affect all of the questions in your survey. Here is where you can change how participants respond, limit responses, allow anonymity, and more.